Rehana is currently a student NCT doula in South London, covering Mitcham, Tooting, Wimbledon, Crystal Palace, Croydon & Epsom.
An important part of training for this role is that Rehana is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between mid-February and mid-April 2022 for you to be able to consider asking Rehana to be your birth doula. The fee for Rehana to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Rehana to be your doula?
Email: email@example.com or call 07734109329
As mum to 3 sons, aged 15, 17 and 20 years, Rehana has a wealth of experience as a mature parent. Rehana loves working with parents and children, and this has encouraged her to train with NCT as a Birth Doula.
Rehana feels it is a privilege to be able to support a woman and her partner through labour, birth, and the postnatal period, and is passionate about supporting women throughout their pregnancy, labour and beyond.
Rehana believes that good planning and preparation for the birth is vital in creating the right birthing environment. Having a birth plan ensures everyone involved in the woman and her partner’s care is fully aware of their intentions for the birth.
Rehana will offer massage and relaxation. She will assist you and your partner in exploring different birthing positions in preparation for the birth that feel right for you. Practising different birthing positions before the day, will aid in comfort and pain relief at the birth, as well as creating optimum space for the baby in the birth process.
Rehana believes that ensuring the birthing environment is warm, calm, and relaxed, creates the right environment that can enable the women’s body to produce vital birth hormones such as oxytocin and goes on to enable the woman and her partner to achieve a positive birth experience regardless of where and how they birth.
There is growing evidence that receiving continuous, responsive, and compassionate care that is free from judgement can be both comforting and empowering for the parents.
Rehana is well organised, warm, calm, and has a compassionate and nurturing personality.
- Currently studying in Year 2 to complete the Birth and Beyond Foundation Degree, University of Worcester.
Rehana will provide support by:
- Offering an initial meeting so you can decide if she is the right doula to support you. There will be no obligation to proceed.
- Meeting with you twice before the birth of your baby so we can get to know each other. She will use this time to answer any questions, help you to feel prepared and to understand how you would like to be supported during your labour and birth.
- Being available by text, phone, or email during your pregnancy.
- Being on call 24/7, ten days before your due date and until your baby is born.
- Staying with you throughout your labour and birth.
- Offering support with feeding and postnatal support by phone/zoom.
- Providing one postnatal visit, meeting with you after the birth of your baby and giving you the opportunity to talk through your birth experience and discuss any other support you may need.