Stacey is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Stacey is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between mid-February and mid-April 2022 for you to be able to consider asking Stacey to be your birth doula.
Would you like Stacey to be your doula?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07795265650
Living in Hertfordshire with her husband and young daughter, Stacey is passionate about providing the highest level of emotional, physical and practical support through the lifechanging event that is becoming a parent.
With 3 years’ experience in supporting families with new babies, Stacey would be delighted to support women and their birth partners in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and North London.
Stacey is a warm, caring, genuine individual who enjoys nothing more than developing a strong connection with her clients through trust, empathy and a non-judgemental perspective.
With a gentle approach Stacey will work with you to develop your birth plan as you prepare for birth guided by your preferences and the latest evidence-based information, to enable you to make informed decisions.
Stacey believes birth should be an empowering experience whatever the birth setting (eg homebirth, caesarean birth, waterbirth) and is committed to supporting you achieve this. Throughout labour she will help create and protect a safe environment and will advocate for you when needed to enable you and your partner to focus on each other and your baby.
Emotional support as well as physical care such guided relaxation and massage will be provided to help you to maintain calm, comfort and confidence.
- NCT Breastfeeding Counsellor.
- NHS Breastfeeding Peer Supporter - Watford General Hospital.
- Stacey is in her final year studying Birth and Beyond Foundation Degree with the NCT and University of Worcester to qualify as a Birth Doula
Stacey will provide support by:
- Meeting you and your birth partner (if you have one) up to 3 times before the birth to get to know each other and a develop a relationship based on respect and trust.
- Working with you to explore your birth options and develop your birth plan, ensuring she fully understands your preferences in terms of how you would like her to support you and your birth partner during each stage labour.
- Being available to you with unlimited contact by phone, text and email from time of booking until 6 weeks after the birth of your baby.
- Being on call 24/7 for 2 weeks before your estimated due date and 2 weeks after (4 weeks in total).
- Staying with you throughout your labour, providing practical and emotional support including relaxation, breathing techniques and active birth positions (if appropriate), and for a few hours after birth to ensure you and your family are comfortable and settled.
- Assisting with the first feed.
- Meeting with you again, a couple of weeks after birth, to reflect on your birth experience and signpost you to any further support you feel you may need.