In This Section
Do you feel passionate about NCT and the work it does to support parents during those First 1,000 Days of pregnancy into parenthood? If you understand and advocate the benefits of having a supportive professional to help guide you through this rewarding but challenging journey, why not join us?
Completing our Level 5 Foundation Degree this allows you to work as an NCT Signature Antenatal Practitioner, an NCT Essentials Antenatal Practitioner, as a Breastfeeding Counsellor or Postnatal Practitioner.
From here there are additional Modules which you can study to add to the breadth of your skills, allowing you to work for example as a Yoga for Pregnancy or Baby Massage Practitioner.
If you want to continue with your studies you can move onto a BA Hons Degree at Level 6.
Why study with us:
- We offer the only university-accredited qualification in parenting education.
- Our training is flexible with full and part-time options, held at regional locations.
- Face to face contact with tutors and other students
- A proportion of your study is self directed study with tutor support
- Gives you transferrable skills
- Can be taken all the way to BA(Hons) and PGCE
- Babes-in-arms welcome at all study days
NCT is committed to ongoing development of practitioners and once qualified you will receive:
- Free, high quality, Continuing Professional Development including annual study days
- One-to-one or group supervision
- Support from a local & national network of colleagues
- Opportunity to progress within NCT
For those wanting to study in Scotland, we have a tutorial group in Edinburgh.
If having read these pages you still have questions, please complete the Course Enquiry Form or call us on 020 8752 2453.
We talked to Serena Macleod, mum of two children under 2 years’ and currently studying with NCT college, about the flexibility offered by this NCT College course.