Take your first step towards a flexible, rewarding career by learning to support new families through pregnancy and the early days of parenthood at NCT.
We work in partnership with the University of Worcester to bring you teaching, learning and professional development opportunities through the only university accredited qualification in parenting education.
With our flexible NCT Practitioner training programme, you can choose to train to either facilitate antenatal courses or provide vital one-to-one breastfeeding and postnatal support. On successful completion of your chosen course, you will be issued with an NCT Licence-to-Practise and will be able to provide services, support and guidance to new and expectant parents.
It's also possible to complete both training routes, qualifying you to work with parents across their whole journey.
CertHE NCT Perinatal Education and Practice
Support, inspire and guide new parents through pregnancy and the early days of parenthood as an NCT Practitioner and deliver our antenatal courses for parents.
NCT Breastfeeding and Perinatal Support Pathway
Work one-to-one with new parents and provide support postnatally and with breastfeeding.
Why train with NCT?
We are the UK's largest charity for parents and since 1956 we have provided essential support for millions of parents. We believe that everyone can, and should, feel supported in becoming a parent.
By training and qualifying with NCT:
- You get an NCT Licence to Practise, and opportunities to support parents in your local area.
- You will join our team of passionate self-employed practitioners, some of whom have worked with us for over 25 years, and many have made lifelong friendships along the way.
- You will be fully insured you for your work as an NCT Practitioner.
- You will be offered a diverse and interesting program of continuous professional development.
- You will be able to access ongoing support through a range of services including mentoring, supervision and support from the NCT staff team, many of whom are also practitioners.
Plus, the considerable personal satisfaction in supporting parents through their transition to parenthood and enabling them to form a supportive group for one another.
NCT and University of Worcester partnership
"Working together to provide support and information for parents and those working with parents through improved education."
The partnership between NCT and the University of Worcester is based on recognition of a common purpose and mission. Both organisations share a commitment to evidence-based practice. NCT's approach to preparing parents for pregnancy, birth and the early months with their new baby, and to supporting them through the first 1,000 days, fits well within the University’s overarching commitment to inclusion and wellbeing.