Having a baby is a special time. So make sure you benefit from the experience, support and social networks that only come with NCT Signature antenatal - our original and most popular antenatal course.
With a relaxed and friendly style, every NCT Signature antenatal course is as individual as you are. That’s because every course is tailored to the needs of the small group taking part.
- NCT Signature courses are longer than NCT Essentials courses, and have a focus on the arrival of your baby
- Preparing for labour and birth, including caesarean, make up around two thirds of this course
- Around one third of this course focuses on life as a parent, so you will come away clearer about what is right for you and your new family
- Plenty of time to explore all your questions, hopes and anxieties in a safe and supportive space.
All sessions are led by specialists, to prepare you both physically and emotionally for the arrival of your beautiful new baby. A typical format is:
- Pregnancy and birth choices
- Body awareness, relaxation, breathing and massage
- What happens in labour, role of a partner and how your baby is born
- Pain relief
- More complex pregnancies and medical procedures, including caesareans
- Home births and water births options
- Looking after a new-born and feeding your baby
- Early parenting and lifestyle changes.
NCT Signature antenatal courses are famous for the friendships and networks that form as new mums- and dads-to-be prepare for one of life’s most wonderful experiences. Plus, becoming a member of NCT brings you even closer to other new parents in your area, as well as discounts at major retailers, free legal and financial advice, low cost holidays and much more.
After the birth of your baby there are playmates for them and a ready-made social and new-parent support network for you, through NCT’s unique network of 325 local branches.
- A personalised and flexible course designed around your information needs.
- Two thirds of time spent on labour and birth.
- Small groups for in-depth discussions.
- Develop friendships with other local expectant parents to provide on-going support in a relaxed and social environment.
- Courses are held locally during evenings and weekends to suit your busy schedules.
- Couples, singles, friends and family partners welcome.
- Access to an NCT-exclusive digital support pack, plus our free week-by-week pregnancy e-newsletter.
- Concessions and discounts available.
We decided to wait before we had our first child. But when I discovered I was expecting I wasn’t sure if I was ready or confident enough to become a mum. Friends advised me to book on to an NCT Signature antenatal course.
I wasn’t sure at first, but the course was fabulous and really helped me prepare… both physically and emotionally. Plus it’s really good to have made friends with people going through the same experiences as me.
Lara's mum Julie, Epsom
Course prices vary according to area and the number of teaching hours. See Course details and pricing to find out more about course pricing, reduced price options as well as our cancellations and refunds policy.