You do not have to be a member to access any of these services, but by joining you are helping to support the work of the NCT.
Eastleigh & District NCT Breastfeeding Counsellors
If you have any questions about breastfeeding and would like support or help, call 07711181608 to make an appointment with one of our Breastfeeding Counsellors. Our Breastfeeding Counsellors are available to support you in person, virtually and on the phone.
In person sessions:
- Monday mornings at Chandlers Ford Library we offer 1-2-1 support
- Friday afternoons at Places Leisure as part of our Bumps & Babies session
Please do book to attend these session via our Events on our main Eastleigh page to ensure you can be accommodated.
NCT Breastfeeding Line
The NCT Breastfeeding Line is available to all on 0300 33 00 700 (option 1). The line is open 8am to midnight, seven days a week (including Bank Holidays).
Breastfeeding is a new skill to learn and we all need help and support in learning new things. If you are finding it painful or if you have any questions at all about breastfeeding help, stopping breastfeeding, expressing milk or any breastfeeding related matter, do give us a call. Counsellors love to hear from new mums and new mums tell us just how much they appreciate the support counsellors give.
Find out more about:
Wearing a comfortable bra, designed for feeding, makes it easier for you to feed as often as your baby needs and will help you to breastfeed in a comfortable and practical way. The NCT has over 100 trained and experienced volunteer bra fitters who offer a FREE personal fitting service so you can be sure your bra is right for you. Contact Debbie on 07889 059833 email@example.com.
- How can I tell if my baby's thriving?
- Attachment and positioning for successful breastfeeding
- How long should I breastfeed?
- Breastfeeding - common concerns and questions
- Dads and breastfeeding - common concerns
- How to express and store breastmilk
- Bottle feeding for breastfed babies
- Introducing formula milk
- Mixed feeding - combining breast and bottle
- What's in a nappy? How to tell if your baby is feeding well
- How to start solid foods and weaning
These are just examples of some of the information articles you will find on our website. Please see the Feeding section of the NCT website for more articles, which we hope you will find helpful.